Canon PIXMA MX892 Wireless Setup, Fax Setup, User Manual Instruction, IJ Setup Pixma and Scanner Software Driver Download For Windows, Mac – The Canon Pixma MX892 prints, scans, copies and also faxes as well as many other all-in-one inkjet printers, however it does not supply much to set it apart. The layout and user interface are fine, but absolutely nothing regarding the printer really feels one-of-a-kind. Being followers of Canon’s line of electronic SLR electronic cameras, testers were most curious about reviewing the PIXMA MX892’s craft at printing digital pictures. With its 4,096 color nozzles, the MX892 could generate a maximum resolution of 9,600 x 2,400. We were not let down. When printing a series of high-resolution test photos, color gradations were continual and also there were definitely no indications of pixelation or dithering. Yet it absolutely took its time; 4-inch-by-6-inch printouts took around a minute on average, and also concerning two times that for 8-x-11 photos. Canon approximates the expense for shade printing with the MX892 at regarding 13 cents per page as well as prices color print speed at 9.3 web pages each minute.
Along with its dye-based inks for CMYK, Canon utilizes a 2nd pigment-based black ink cartridge for black-only printing to enhance expense effectiveness. Its 512-nozzle black-only nozzle spits out a maximum resolution of 600 x 600 dpi at a rated rate of 12.5 ppm. In addition, front-facing card slots allow you print photos from your video camera or smart device memory card. Most sd card layouts, including SD, MemoryStick, and XD are supported. The scanner includes as much as 2400×4800 resolution. The built-in ADF gives auto duplex scanning so you can scan multipage records up to 8.5 x14″ (lawful). Conveniently scan up to 35 double sided sheets each time making use of the ADF and also lower the paper mess in your house or office. The scanner additionally gives the alternative to scan files and also photos directly to a flash memory card or outside USB memory gadget.
The Canon Pixma MX892 scans and copies as well as the typical all-in-one printer, if slower than the most effective. It duplicates at a price of 12.5 duplicates each minute for black and white and also 7.5 copies each min for shade duplicates. On top of that, this multifunctional printer allows for dual-scanned papers, so when you feed a paper with the automatic paper feeder, it will certainly scan both sides instead of compeling you to turn and scan two pages separately. If you have to obtain a number of copies ready for an important course or meeting, the slow copy rate makes this the scourge of the slow starter. Additionally supported are PIXMA Cloud Link and Google Cloud Print. The printer includes a front-facing USB port for printing from an external USB memory device.
- 1 Canon PIXMA MX892 Review
- 2 Canon PIXMA MX892 Setup Installation For Mac and Windows
- 3 Troubleshooting
- 4 Canon MX892 Printer Manual Installations
- 5 How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MX892
- 6 Canon PIXMA MX892 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
Canon PIXMA MX892 Review
- PGI-225 Pigment Black Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Black Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Cyan Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Magenta Ink Tank
- CLI-226 Yellow Ink Tank
Recommended: Canon PIXMA MX522 Driver Download
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||22.5 x 11.5 x 21.5″|
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT16
Canon PIXMA MX892 Setup Installation For Mac and Windows
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
Steps Instructions Wireless Setup For Canon PIXMA MX892
- Take off the entire printer’s external protective materials carefully.
- Open the paper output tray on the front side and lift the scanner unit cover up to expose cartridge holder.
- Take this cartridge holder out and remove its protective materials too.
- Connect the printer to a power source by plugging one end in the proper interface on the printer while the other to wall power outlet.
- Turn the unit on and choose the language you prefer, followed by pressing the OK button and turning the unit back off.
- Lift the scanner cover again to insert the cartridge holder back in place. Close the lid.
- Turn the unit on and press the setup button. Select wireless LAN setup via the operation panel.
- Press the OK button.
- Select easy setup.
- Press the OK button.
- Select access point.
- Press the OK button.
- Feed it the WEP-key.
- Press the OK button.
- Insert the companion CD and run the program from the auto-play.
- Select the country where you stay at the moment. Click Next.
- Choose easy install and click Next.
- Select “Use the printer on network” and click Next.
- Soon, a window of Printer Detection appears. Click Next.
Canon MX892 Printer Manual Installations
- Reproduction, diversion or copying of any text, photo or image published in the Online Manual (hereinafter referred to as “this guide”), in whole or in part, is prohibited.
- In principle, Canon shall change or delete the contents of this guide without prior notice to customers.
- In addition, Canon may suspend or stop the disclosure of this guide due to unavoidable reasons.
- Canon shall not be liable for any damage suffered by customers as a result of changes in or deletion of information in this guide, or suspension/stoppage of disclosure of this guide.
- Although the contents of this guide have been prepared with utmost care, please contact the service center if you find any incorrect or missing information.
- In principle, the descriptions in this guide are based on the product at the time of its initial sale.
- This guide does not disclose the manuals of all the products sold by Canon.
- See the manual supplied with the product when using a product that is not described in this guide.
How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MX892
- One step Download Drivers
- Type PIXMA MX892 in the “Enter a Model” and click GO.
- In the Drivers & Downloads section, under Recommended.
- Please click the Select button next to the MX892 series Full Driver & Software Package.
- Click the Download button.
- If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
- Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
- Double click Driver Canon MX892. A disk image will be created.
- Double-click the disk image.
- Double-click the “Setup” file to launch the setup screen.
Canon PIXMA MX892 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
|PIXMA MX892 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||49 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||37 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||1.03||29 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||126.96.36.199||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||188.8.131.52||18 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||18.1.0b||13 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||1.90||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||1.90||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.70||3.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.70||3.7 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||1.90||3.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.70||8.1 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||2.7.0||9.1 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.7.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||5.1.1||35 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.1.1||48 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.5/10.6)||5.1.0||36 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 2000)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.2.0||1.1 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 User Manual (Windows)||1.30||19 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 User Manual (Mac)||1.30||143 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint||2.0||971 KB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint||2.0||1.2 MB||Download|
|Setting Up the FAX||V1||767 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 - Setting Up the Fax||1.00||667 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 - Specifications Sheet||1.00||271 KB||Download|
|Guide for Printer Setup for Network||V1||500 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||1.90||502 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.70||92 KB||Download|
Canon Pixma IJ Setup – will give you the official driver and software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.[/su_spoiler]